In this tutorial we’ll explain how to send a value to Ubidots with the WizFi shield.
WizFi Shield (Fi250）is an economic internet solution for the Arduino. The Wi-Fi module supports IEEE 802.11b/g/n mode, with speeds up to 65Mbit/s.
Install the Library
- Download the library as a ZIP file
- Open the Arduino IDE and go to “Sketch” –> “Import Library” –> “Add Library”.
- Select the downloaded ZIP file
Preparing your Ubidots Account
Create a Data source called “WizNet” and then a variable called “My Variable”:
1. As a logged in user navigate to the “Sources” tab.
2. Create a data source called “WizNet” by clicking on the orange button located in the upper right corner of the screen:
3. Click on the created Data Source and then on “Add New Variable”:
4. Take note of the variable’s ID to which you want to send data. We’ll need it later to include in our code:
5. Create a token under “My Profile” tab. We’ll need it later for our code: