We introduce the Eric Tsai‘s project that shows very good example for Home-Automation applications. Eric Tsai are the best maker in Open source hardware, he has been activate in Instructables & HackersIo , with electronichamsters Nickname.
This project implements all most of imaginable Home automation functionality – Lighting control, Temperture & Humidity monitor, Garage door monitor, audio notification, and so on – is used by Arduino, Arduino Ethernet shield and Raspberry Pi.
Eris Tsai’s motivation is very fun. Eris Tsai’s project is started from his dog worries, and it completed out step by step. Eris Tasi wrote as the following.
“A few years ago, I became a dog owner for the first time. I didn’t like leaving Cody in the kennel alone all day. I had a webcam on him, but I couldn’t watch it all day long. What if he was in some kind of distress? What if there was a emergency at the house, like a fire?”
We explain more about this project…
System consists of three part
1. Sensing node with RF : Arduino + RFM69HW
– Temperture & Humidify
– PIR Sensor
– Flame Sensor
– Sound Sensor
– Light Sensor
– Ultrasonic distance Sensor
– Reed Switch
– GPS Module
– Current Transformer
2. RF to Ethernet Gateway : Arduino + #Ethernet Shied + RFM69HW
3. The connectivity of Cloud Server : Raspberry PI
System Block diagram
Eric Tsai built the project with 18 steps. 18 Steps are as the following.
Thanks for visiting my Instructable!
2. Parts List & Prep
3. Gateway Setup & OpenHAB Install
4. Garage Door Monitor
5. Reed Switch Sensor for Mailbox & Security
6. Uber Sensor – General Build
7. Uber Sensor – Presence Detection
8. Uber Sensor – Dog Bark / Noise Sensor
9. Uber Sensor – Light Sensor
10. Uber Sensor – Temperature & Humidity
11. Uber Sensor – Flame Sensor
12. Uber Sensor – Smoke & Gas Sensor
13. Laundry Room Sensor
15. Dog Tracker
16. Uber or Not?
17. What is Home Automation?
Learn More, Please Visit on the web site of Eric Tsai.
* Eric Tsai Profile : http://www.instructables.com/member/electronichamsters/
* Intructables : http://www.instructables.com/id/Uber-Home-Automation/?ALLSTEPS
* Hakers Io : http://www.hackster.io/erictsai/uber-home-automation?ref=userrespected&ref_id=1326&offset=0
* GitHub : https://github.com/homeautomationyay/OpenHab-RFM69