freeRTOS and libraries for AVR ATmega with Eclipse IDE
This is a library for AVR ATmega platform such as Arduino, AVRDUDE, and etc. This libraray support uIP Library operated by WIZnet chip such as W5100, W5200, and W5500. This library also support OS environment as FreeRTOS.
This library is very useful for AVR developers who have an experience about uIP stack.
- Arduino Uno family ATmega328p, Freetronics EtherMega (Arduino Mega2560), and Goldilocks ATmega1284p, scheduling and IO works.
- Being able to use any Timer on the AVR as the system Tick. In practice this means Timer0 on 328p (Arduino Uno), Timer3 on 2560 (Arduino Mega) and 1284p (Pololu SVP) and Timer2 on 1284p with 32.768kHz watch crystal (Freetronics Goldilocks).
- Converting all of the relevant libraries to be friendly to a RTOS system. No delay busy-wait loops etc. Everything defers to (is interruptible by) the scheduler when waiting, or is driven from interrupts.
- Having many finished projects, that are good demonstrations of lots of AVR and freeRTOS capabilities.
- Having the Sparkfun LCD Shield working properly, with printf string formatting.
- Having the Rugged Circuits QuadRAM 512kByte and MegaRAM 128kByte RAM extensions working on ATmega2560.
- Porting ChaN FatF microSD card support for a variety of uSD shield cages.
- Porting Wiznet W5100 and W5200 drivers for Arduino Ethernet shields.
- Porting Wiznet and uIP DHCP and HTTP applications, creating options for implementing a basic web server.
- Properly implementing semaphores for access to resources (ports, interfaces, ADC, LCD).
- Properly implementing queues for transferring data between tasks (threads).